Herb Roasted Vegetables
A healthy vegetarian recipe
- 2 cups of bite-size cauliflower florets, each halved lengthwise
- 2 cups of halved Brussels sprouts
- 2 medium carrots, cut into sticks
- 1 medium yam or sweet potato (1/2 lb.), diced
- 3 tbs. of garlic-infused olive oil, divided
- 1 tbs. of chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp. of chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tbs. of chopped fresh parsley
(Or instead of the fresh herbs, you can sprinkle Mrs. Dash seasoning all over the vegetables)
Preheat oven to 450°F. Place cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, carrots, and yam in large bowl. Add 2 tbs. of oil, rosemary and thyme, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Scatter vegetables evenly on baking sheet, and roast 20 minutes, turning 2 or 3 times with spatula. Increase oven temperature to 500°F, and roast vegetables 10 minutes more, or until tender. Transfer vegetables to large serving bowl, and add parsley, lemon juice, and remaining 1 tbs. of oil. Toss to mix, and serve.
For variation, change the vegetables around or add new ones like sliced beets, asparagus, broccoli and different squashes.