Staying Healthy While Traveling
Bring a natural travel kit for healthy travels
Many of my clients ask me about healthy remedies to take when traveling, so I’ve put together a list of some essential items for your consideration. I recommend that you always take these items with you just in case.
- Homeopathic Arnica — You can find it in pellets, drops and ointment. Good to use in ANY injury to calm down inflammation.
- Bach Rescue Remedy and Bach Rescue Remedy Cream — This product is one of my all time favorites. Bach Rescue Remedy itself helps in times of stress, so you can use it before a flight or boat trip if you get nervous and stressed out. The cream can be used for scrapes, skin abrasions, rashes and cuts. Click on the link to learn more about the various Bach Flower Remedies.
- Nutribiotic Grapefruit Seed Extract — Take this extract as a preventive measure to protect your body against foreign invaders. Mix 10-15 drops with 4 ounces of a strong juice like grape juice, stir well and drink 2-3 times per day. Also, I use this amazing product to clean fruit and vegetables. If you’re camping or cooking in your hotel room, this product is essential to keep your food clean and fresh.
- Probiotics — Good to keep your digestive system in running order!
- Ginger Capsules — Great for preventing and treating nausea.
- Essential Oils — There are several essential oils I never travel without:
- Lavender soothes any muscular inflammation that I might incur while hiking and is great for soothing bites, burns or inflamed skin.
- Peppermint Oil eases headaches and nausea.
- Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia) Oil cleanses skin in case of abrasions or cuts.
I consider these items essential for traveling, and don’t leave home without them! Also, remember to drink plenty of water while traveling to keep your system hydrated, especially if you’re going to be on a plane.
Getting plenty of sleep is also essential to keeping your immune system healthy! And, remember not to go crazy with your diet. Eating plenty of fresh whole foods with the occasional splurge will result in you feeling your best while having fun traveling!