Pasta Primavera Recipe
- 1 pkg of Gluten-Free penne pasta (or whatever type of pasta you prefer)
- 1 jar of your favorite Organic pasta sauce
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 chopped zucchini
- 1 cup of chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 1/2 large red or orange chopped bell pepper
- 3 thinly-sliced medium carrots
- 1 can of sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 15 cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup of vegetarian broth
Pour the vegetarian broth in a skillet. Saute onions and garlic for 3 minutes over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, broccoli, asparagus, bell pepper, carrots and jar of pasta sauce. Sprinkle about 1/2 to 1 tsp. each of oregano and basil in sauce. Stir and simmer on low for about 30 minutes or until vegetables are done to your liking. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
Cook pasta. Before pasta is done, add frozen peas and cherry tomatoes to sauce and cover for 5 minutes. Drain pasta and serve sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.