Organic Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 small to medium diced yellow onion
- 3-4 medium to large sliced carrots
- 1 large diced zucchini
- 2 cups of chopped cauliflower
- 2 cups of chopped broccoli
- 1 small red or orange diced bell pepper
- 2 stalks of diced celery with tops
- 2 cups of chopped green cabbage
- 2 cups of chopped Swiss chard
- 1 can of Ro-Tel
- 6-8 cups of vegetarian vegetable broth
- ½ tsp. of sea salt
- ½ tsp. of fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. of ground thyme
- 1 cup of frozen green beans
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 cup of frozen lima beans (if preferred or can of cooked beans like pintos or black-eyed peas)
- 2 tbs. of fresh parsley
Note: This recipe purposely does not have any potatoes or corn added. You can add either if you like.
Stir-fry garlic and onions in a little broth for about 3 minutes. Then, add all remaining ingredients except peas and beans. Cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Stir and check for doneness frequently. Generally vegetables should not be mushy and not crunchy, just firm. Simmer, usually, for about 10-15 minutes.
Add frozen peas, frozen green beans, frozen lima beans (or canned beans) and parsley. Cook for additional 2 minutes.
You can add other vegetables and more or less broth depending on your liking!
I enjoy a cup of Power Veggie Soup before each meal.