Vegetable Mixed Bean Soup Recipe
- 2-3 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Turnip OR Potato (not both), peeled and diced
- 2 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 Leek
- 1 Green Chili, sliced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander (ground)
- 1-2 cans Mixed Beans (Cannellini, Kidney or White Navy or other beans)
- 4 cups Organic Vegetable Stock and maybe 1 cup of water (depending on your taste for thickness of soup)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Chopped Cilantro for garnish
- Other Vegetables: Sometimes I’ll throw in Cabbage, Celery, Summer Squash, Zucchini, Green Beans, etc. – whatever type of veggies you have in the fridge will probably work in this soup!
- Clean Leek. Slice off both ends to clean up. Then, slice multiple times partially through leek lengthwise and spread open and place under running water to clean out dirt and debris. Then, slice 1/2 inch chunks including the green part. Click here for a great video that shows how to clean a leek.
- Heat Olive Oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, turnips, leek and other vegetables. Saute about 2-4 minutes until the veggies get tender.
- Add sliced chili and garlic and cook for additional minute or so.
- Stir in coriander and chili powder and add vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir in beans with the liquid. I personally like a can of mixed soup beans and then another can of White Navy Beans, but you can use whatever beans you wish.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and cook for another 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve with chopped cilantro on top and avocado slices on the side with some warm bread.